Tuesday, October 2, 2012

BERLIN: The English Bookshop

The next thing I'd like to recommend is the English Bookshop "Another Country" in Riemannstraße. You may think that this is such a normal thing which you can find everywhere - but this bookshop is different.
It's kind of a flea market in a house - and there is more than just English Books...
 
Als nächstes würde ich gerne den englischen Buchshop "Another Country" in der Riemannstraße weiterempfehlen. Ihr denkt jetzt wahrscheinlich - wie langweilig, ein Buchshop, sowas gibts ja überall! - aber dieser ist anders.
Er ist soetwas wie ein Flohmarkt in einem Haus - und man findet hier mehr als nur englische Bücher...
 
 
 
You can sit on old armchairs and read in all the wonderful books.
Man kann in alten Polstersesseln sitzen und in den wundervollen Büchern blättern.



You can go in the basement floor and play the guitar there...
Man kann in das Untergeschoß gehen und dort Gitarre spielen...
 
 
And every Friday evening they show old English films there.
Und jeden Freitag Abend zeigen sie alte englische Filme.


 
 
Photos taken by Clarissa and me.
Fotos wurden von Clarissa und mir gemacht.


Where is it? - Wo ist es?

Riemannstraße
Underground - U-Bahn: Gneisenaustraße

6 comments:

  1. Lovin the photos!

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that mean that the host is of English origins ? Why there is such a place in typically German city ? I would love to visit it while visiting Berlin, I think it would be the only understandable bookshop in the city :)

    Szymon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if the shop assistant is English but I think so because she talked English with me... ;)

      And I don't think that it is the only English book shop in Berlin but probably the most amazing :)

      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Danke für all die lieben Kommentare, ich freue mich immer so :)
Für konstruktive Kritik bin ich ebenfalls offen, Beleidigungen oder Spam werden aber gelöscht.

Thanks for all the lovely comments, they make my day :)