Okay, I have to admit that I'm not able to talk much about this city - because we didn't have an individual visa (this would have cost us about 80 Euros for just one day...) - just a visa for a group. So we had to stay with a party - and because of that it was a typical touristic sightseeing-tour.
First we went by boat for getting a view over the city and then we saw the Yusopov-palace from inside.
Well, I wasn't too thrilled. Not only that I don't like these guided tours, but also the city wasn't my favourite one.
Yes, there are wonderful buildings, really! The palaces, the churches, beautiful! But the "real" town is dirty and looks so sad and I have to admit that we were a bit scared there.
But of course I do not regret that I was there. I loved to see new things and people so different from my country (their script, their cryesthesia - I froze with pullover and jacket, they didn't wear a shirt - their buildings and of course the city in general).
I'm glad that I also saw this!
Well, my overview:
* St. Petersburg in three words:
Palaces, water, high-contrast
* What you HAVE to do there:
Just coming (you have a Russian seal in your passport, what do you want more?! ;); writing postcards (everyone should see where you are!); dressing warm
* Interesting fact:
On the 21st of June you can see the sunset changing into the sunrise. There is no real darkness.
In winter it's contrary, of course.
Okay, ich muss zugeben, dass ich nicht wirklich viel über diese Stadt sagen kann - wir hatten nämlich kein individuelles Visum (das hätte uns für nur einen Tag 80 Euro gekostet), nur ein Gruppenvisum. Deshalb waren wir im Grunde genommen dazu gezwungen, mit einer Reisegruppe vorlieb zu nehmen, darum ist es wohl eher eine typische touristische Sightseeingtour geworden.
Zuerst sind wir mit einem Boot durch die Kanäle St. Petersburgs gefahren, um einen Blick auf die Stadt zu erhaschen, danach sind wir in den Yusopov-Palast.
Ich muss zugeben, es hat mich nicht umgehauen hat. Schon allein deshalb, weil ich diese geführten Touren eigentlich gar nicht ausstehen kann. Außerdem war die Stadt nicht unbedingt mein Liebling.
Ja, es gibt dort echt wunderschöne Gebäude, wirklich! Die Paläste, die Kirchen, wunderschön! Aber die "richtige" Stadt ist irgendwie dreckig und macht einen wirklich traurigen Eindruck und ich muss zugeben, dass wir uns regelrecht ein wenig gefürchtet haben.
Aber natürlich bereue ich es überhaupt nicht, dass ich da gewesen bin. Ich hab es einfach geliebt, neue Dinge und Leute zu sehen, die so ganz anders sind, als ich sie kenne (ihre Schrift, ihr Kälteempfinden - ich hab gefroren mit Pulli und Jacke, während sie ohne Shirt herumgelaufen sind - ihre Gebäude und natürlich die Stadt im Allgemeinen).
Also ich bin wirklich froh, dass ich dort gewesen bin!
Hier noch ein Überblick:
* St. Petersburg in drei Worten:
Paläste, Wasser, kontrastreich
* Was man hier unbedingt tun muss:
Einfach kommen (immerhin hat man dann einen russischen Stempel im Pass, ich mein, was will man mehr?! ;); Postkarten schreiben (jeder soll sehen, wo man ist!); warm anziehen
* Interessanter Fakt:
Am 21. Juni geht das Abendrot direkt in das Morgenrot über. Es gibt keine wirkliche Dunkelheit.
Im Winter ist es dafür natürlich genau umgekehrt.





How did you travel to st. Petersburg? By train, plain? Will you be visiting Poland on your way? I'm waiting for your email, sweetie! x
ReplyDeleteReally, a ship? That sounds amazing!
Delete